When folks think about coming to Continental, the minds tend to focus on the activities that are a big part of our busy season from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Golfing, swimming or hitting the pickleball or tennis courts is a large part of what our residents enjoy when it’s warm.
But there are still lots of amenities to take advantage of in the “off season,” and we just wanted to remind you of one of them.
- Need to take care of some business? You can find our business center featuring computers, a printer, fax capability and scanner for your business needs right in our clubhouse. Our business center is open Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm and on Saturdays from 10 am to 3 pm.
- In the same location, you’ll also find our lending library. Curl up with a good book by our clubhouse fireplace.
- Even if you can’t play golf until our course reopens on March 1, you can get ready for the new season by checking out the new gear – including golf apparel, equipment and accessories – at the Continental Pro Shop, open from 9 am to 4 pm Tuesday through Saturday.
- Stay in shape inside by using our Fitness Center. This state-of-the-art facility is designed to meet all of your health and fitness needs so that you can have a productive workout. In addition to Peloton bikes, we also have elliptical riders, treadmills, free weights and weight-training machines. Open 5 am to 10 pm daily.
- Not up for cooking tonight? How about a delicious meal at Oakmont. Check out half-price Whiskey Wednesdays (that will definitely keep you warm on a wintry day!) and remember that HOA members can buy one entree and get a second one half price all day on Tuesdays. Winter hours are 11 am to 9 pm Sunday through Tuesday and 11 am to 10 pm Wednesday through Saturday.
- If you like playing games, we have weekly Bridge and Mahjong games. Check out our calendar for details.
- Plus right across the street is another entertainment venue, the Bear Paw Recreation Center, with year-round jacuzzis, shuffleboard, pool tables, foosball tables, board games, firepit, ping pong and if the weather’s not too bad, miniature golf. Snack bar includes Starbuck coffee and Dreyer’s Ice cream.