Nothing says summer like the sweet taste of strawberries and this Italian classic sets off the fruit against the velvety feel of lovely vanilla panna cotta.
Panna Cotta & Strawberry Coulis Ingredients
- Heavy Cream
- Vanilla Paste
- Plain (unflavored) gelatin
- Sour Cream
- Lemon Juice
Panna Cotta Preparation
- In a medium saucepan without any heat applied, place 1 cup milk and sprinkle 1 ounce of unflavored gelatin. Let it stand 3-5 minutes or until soft. Do not mix.
- Place pan over medium low heat and stir until gelatin dissolves and mixture is steaming, 3-5 minutes. Do NOT boil.
- Add 2 cups heavy cream, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and a pinch of salt. Continue stirring about 5 minutes until sugar is fully dissolved. Keep the stove on medium heat without boiling.
- Remove from heat and let cool 5-8 minutes
- Place sour cream in a mixing bowl. Begin whisking and gradually add the warm cream mixture. Continue whisking until mixture is smooth.
- Divide into 8 cups, roughly 6 ounces per cup.
- Refrigerate until fully set. This will take a minimum 6 hours and preferably overnight.
Strawberry Coulis Preparation
- In a medium saucepan, combine the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Transfer to a blender.
- Purée until smooth, strain, and set aside. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.