By Sean David & Mitchell Yocom
Directors of Golf
Golf at Continental Country Club will pick up right were we left off in 2020 with safety and customer service remaining our top priorities. The official soft opening for the season will be March 1.
Golf clinics will be returning for 2021 as well (with a signed waiver of release) and Mike Krahe, Bob Sather and Brandon Koch will again bring the same excellent coaching they have been providing for years now.
The Golf Shop has the newest apparel so you can match your favorite professional out on the course. A new year also brings new versions of your favorite clubs. The Sim 2, Ping G425 and Mizuno ST-Z have all received upgrades, promising longer and straighter ball flights. We are also bringing in brand new carts from Yamaha along with new push carts by Clic-Gear.
Along with new merchandise, we are excited to bring Flagstaff new membership options, like our Twilight and Family Weekday Membership, so every type of golfer will have an opportunity to play as much as their schedule allows them too. The Continental Men’s Golf Association is back with brand new games and you can register at the Golf Shop. It is $80 to join the league or $40 if you have already established your handicap for 2021.
Last year a major resurgence of interests in golf (probably the biggest we’ve seen since Tiger Woods was in his prime) meant we saw many new faces at the club. In response, we’ve created a permanent Starter and Ranger position to help facilitate pace of play through 2021.
COVID-19 Safety Practices Continue
Unfortunately, Covid-19 is still an influencing factor for all golf courses worldwide. Therefore, we will continue to abide by safety guidelines:
- Sanitized on a regular basis: door handles, countertops, credit card machine, pens and pencils, display units, telephones, POS system, computer keyboards and ALL HARD surfaces. Golf carts are sanitized between each round, including steering wheel, seats and handles, cup holder console, cooler, sand bottle, cart key and windshield.
- Credit card transactions ONLY – no cash. Telephone golf fee payment is also accepted and encouraged.
- No more than 6 customers in the shop at any one time.
- Maintaining 6-foot social separation. This includes the driving range hitting areas, which are also 6 feet apart.
- Individual carts will only be permitted to guests who do not know their playing partners.
- Flag pins should be left in. Avoid touching or removing the flag stick. Inserts have been put in the cup to limit contact with hard surface and pin.
- Player services will not retrieve golf bags from the parking lot.
- Rakes in the bunkers have been removed. Ball washers have also been removed.
- Bathrooms on the course will remain closed until further notice.
Thank you to every golfer that made 2020 such a memorable year! We want to continue to bring you phenomenal service as well as a fun and safe golfing experience in 2021. We look forward to seeing some familiar faces out on the links as well as meeting new people! The Golf Shop remains open during the offseason, Tuesday through Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.